Safeguarding children training course introduces the roles, responsibilities and rights when it comes to safeguarding children. You will learn to recognise potential indicators of child abuse, understand the impact a parent or carer’s physical and mental health can have on a child and also understand the rights of the child when it comes to safeguarding.
This safeguarding children training course will learn you the actions you should take if you have concerns for a childs wellbeing, the support available and also begin to understand the basic principles of safeguarding legislation. The potential risks associated with the internet and social networking will also be considered within this elearning course. Child protection and safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. You have a responsibility to ensure that the health and wellbeing of children and young people, up to the age of 18, is safeguarded.
Areas Covered in this safeguarding children training course:-
- Recognise the potential indicators of child abuse – physical, emotional, sexual and neglect, including radicalisation, child trafficking and female genital mutilation
- Understand the impact a parent or carers physical and mental health can have on the wellbeing of a child or young person, including the impact of domestic violence
- Understand the importance of a child’s rights in the safeguarding/child protection context
- Know what action to take if you have concerns, including to whom you should report your concerns and seek advice
- Demonstrate an understanding of the risks associated with the internet and social networking
- Understand the basic knowledge of legislation
Who Is It Aimed At?
The safeguarding children training course is ideal for anyone who has responsibility for looking after or caring for children and young people. It may be particularly useful for child minders, nursery staff, teachers and teaching assistants. No prior knowledge is necessary for this elearning course.
20 – 40 minutes.
Learners are assessed at the end of the accredited course by multiple-choice questions. Learners can download their certificate upon successfully finishing the safeguarding children training course.