NVQ courses online are a great way to expand your knowledge and fulfil your goals in your career, without the need to sit an exam and have time off work. It is doing it at your own pace when it suits you. The elearning platform allows you to plan your study time to suit you and gives you the ability to check your progress. Our Awarding Bodies are Highfield and ProQual who are both recognised and approved by Ofqual.
By completing the skills test we can determine if the Online NVQ it is right for you – we won’t register you on the online qualification unless we know you can achieve the qualification so you won’t be wasting your money with any of our NVQ courses online. If you have no prior knowledge we have a wide selection of training courses online to equip you with the knowledge that is required to achieve the online qualification.
What is an Online NVQ?
A National Vocational Qualification is a work based way of learning which recognises the skills, knowledge and understanding a person needs to do their job. Each Online NVQ level involves a range of on the job tasks and activities. Candidates need to demonstrate that they meet each learning outcome of the qualification whether you are registered for the NVQ Level 3 or NVQ Level 6 both involve uploading your work based evidence. We have online training courses which you may find useful before registering for your NVQ.
What are the benefits of undertaking an NVQ Online?
Benefits of Online NVQs for individuals:
- A flexible route to becoming qualified in the workplace with no examinations and in your own time
- A practical demonstration of the individuals skills, knowledge, understanding
- Certification to demonstrate you have met a national standard for an occupational role
- Improved employability and transferability
- Access to recognised qualification for employees with no other formal education
Benefits of NVQ courses online for Employers:
- An effective way of developing staff to a nationally recognised standard which results in improved efficiency
- Proof of the candidate’s capability to do their job as it is based on what they can do rather than what they know
- On the job training and evidence gathering, therefore less down time from the employee
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality both internally and externally to customers
- Ensures employees are up to date with industry standards and best practice
The different levels of the NVQ courses online:
- NVQ Level 1 – This is ideal for those without any previous qualifications, an introduction into education. Often are achieved at secondary school examples of Level1 Qualifications include GCSE grades D, E, F or G.
- NVQ Level 2 – Involves carrying out complex work-based duties and gaining good knowledge, understanding of a subject.
- NVQ Level 3 – The range of duties become greater and their complexity increases. An example of Level3 qualifications include ALevel grades A, B, C, D or E.
- NVQ Level 4 – Higher Education Certificate/BTEC, it provides a specialist and detailed level of learning, this is ideal for those looking to manage others or work in technical roles.
- NVQ Level 5 – Higher Education Diploma/Foundation Degree, this involves learning about an area of work more in depth. This covers senior management and the training of others.
- NVQ Level 6 – This refers to qualifications gained at degree-level, examples of Level6 qualifications include Bachelors degree (with or without honours). This is the first step for those looking to pursue a masters.
- NVQ Level 7 -This refers to a level of education equivalent to a masters degree.
- NVQ Level 8 – This refers to a doctorate level of education, often known as a PhD which is the highest level.
What is RPL?
Recognised Prior Learning is an assessment process that involves assessment of an individual’s relevant prior learning (including formal, informal and non-formal learning) to determine the credit outcomes of an individual application for credit for your NVQ Online. If you have already covered a specific unit in the past we will take this into consideration and you won’t have to do it again. There has to be a direct link for us to be able to claim RPL. A great example of this is you have achieved your NVQ Level 5 Health and Safety and you want to upgrade to the NVQ Level 6 Health and Safety you won’t have to do it all again with Reddish Training.
How long does it take to complete the NVQ Courses Online?
There is no set time for the qualifications and you complete your NVQ online at your own pace. You have full support from your assessor for 12-24 months depending on the NVQ online. With the NVQ Level 3 candidates have twelve months access where as the candidates registered on the NVQ Level 6 have twenty four months access. We will ensure your requirements are identified during registration and will work with you to ensure full satisfaction. Qualification resources are available on the elearning portal to help you collect the relevant evidence for each unit.
How will I be assessed for my Online Qualification?
The online prices are for you to complete your NVQ online at your own pace with the exemption of the demolition qualifications. You don’t have any exams with the ProQual Qualifications, you have a portfolio which consists of all your evidence of the tasks you’ve carried out at work to meet the specification. The Highfield qualifications consists of an exam at the end which is carried out in your own home. The levels you need to meet are based on the national standards of the job you’re in and each unit will be signed off as and when you meet those standards. Your allocated tutor will support you throughout to ensure you meet the assessment criteria and achieve your NVQ online.